Thursday, April 2, 2009

Problem and solution


I love rockabilly fashion. So stylish, so clean.. and it never gets old!
So here is my idea of a rockabilly dress, very clean lines and ofcourse the polkadots! :p
With this dress I realized a problem tho.. my 100% solid, non-transparent texture used for my prim skirt was causing the transparency glitch! How ugly! So I started to ask around, I asked my teacher Afon Sheperd at NCI academy and we started to brainstorm. We didnt find the solution tho but after I had been given some ideas from her I went to Natalia Zelmanov's blog as I know she has some tutorials on making clothes with both .PNG and .TGA fileformat aswell as Photoshop. I read through a few and there it was, in the comments on her blog! Apparently newer versions of photoshop does not give you the option to turn off alpha channels when you save as a .PNG making SL think theres transparency, making it glitch... That's just my luck! :p
So from now on Im saving all my primskirt textures as .TGA. It doesnt make it more difficult, since theres no cutouts or transparency I dont have to mess with the alpha channel anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment