Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy rez-day!

No not yet, soon though. My one year rezzday is on the 8th, in 3 days! I demand lots and lots of gifts! No... actually a hug or 2 would be fine, if you really really love me!

New store location, Welcome Center Galleria. It's a full sim of shops. The shops are all very beautiful and have big display windows. The wall and floor textures can be changed by the managers at the mall which saves some prims =). A couple of my friends moved in as neighbors so it was an easy decision.
They also host concerts from time to time by their big open dancefloor, theres one to be held on the 9th so maybe that will be a good way to celebrate my rezzday, even if it's one day too late. You're all welcome to meet me there!

I had a discussion with myself the other day about eyes..
What is the deal about eyes? You can find them free, you can find them cheap and you can find them pretty expensive at some of the larger stores. Is more expensive better? I have tried many eyes and one thing I noticed is that the ones that are very photoreal when you zoom in or when you look at their texture usually dont look all that flattering at a normal distance.. The details get washed out and because they're photoreal the color is normally a bit faded. Now on the other hand the more cartoony and/or handdrawn eyes normally stand out a bit more which enhances your face(we all know that the eyes are a mirror to the soul) but if the color is too heavy the color itself makes important details get washed out, possibly to the extent of just leaving a colorful SPLAT! in your eye... So where do you find quality eyes? I dont have the answer to that... I did find a pair of freebie eyes at Redgrave's(a very good skin designer) that were pretty good looking but I wish they were a little bit more blue. I went back to see if they had any eyes for sale but failed to find any, the store is quite big and very populated so it's possible that they just didnt rezz fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment